Designing and Producing: What is a Website Storyboard?
A Website storyboard is a visual representation of your website’s structure. Let’s explore some details about Designing and Producing: What is a Website Storyboard?
It maps out all the components of your site and how they inter-relate.
Creating a website storyboard can help you plan and organize your website and even plan the internal linking structure between pages.
Using a storyboard you can plot a visitors path through your website to find your most important pieces of content.
Remember this rule.
Vaughan’s General Rule for Interface Design!
“The best user interface demands the least learning effort.”
In our example See image above. Storyboard a site you will see several elements included using PowerPoint 2016.
There are many applications which may be used for story-boarding.
One application you may consider WireframeSketcher.com.
PowerPoint is a good alternative because it allows both to separate out each “frame”, but also to see the entire navigation in Slide Sorter view.
Requirements for our storyboard:
- The navigational structure you are using must be stated
- Must contain layouts for at least five pages
- One Home Page + four branches
- Each page must have at least one image
- Each page must have text content
- The site must contain at least one audio file and one video
- The site must contain links to three external sites
- The site must contain contact information, as well as the ability to email the “owner” (you)
- Be specific! Colors, fonts, navigation elements, text content, etc.
Just to restate and summarize.