Java Case Study Calculating Sales Commission
Here’s a case study using Java create a program with the data below. Java Case Study Calculating Sales Commission
Baz’s Computer Shack is a retail seller of computers. Baz’s sales staff works strictly on commission. At the end of the month, each salesperson’s commission is calculated according to Table below.
Sales This Month Commission Rate
less than $10,000 4%
$22,000 or more 12%
For example, a salesperson with $15,200 in monthly sales will earn a 10% commission ($1,520). Another salesperson with $19,000 in monthly sales will earn a 11% commission ($2,090).
Baz allows each employee to take up to $1,500 per month in advance. When sales commissions are calculated, the amount of each employee’s advanced pay is subtracted from the commission. If any salesperson’s commissions are less than the amount of their advance, they must reimburse him for the difference.
The program must perform the following general steps:
1. Ask the user to enter the salesperson’s monthly sales.
2. Ask the user to enter the amount of advanced pay.
3. Use the amount of monthly sales to determine the commission rate.
4. Calculate the commission.
5. Calculate the salesperson’s pay by subtracting the amount of advanced pay from the commission. If the amount is negative, the salesperson must reimburse the company.
Here is an example document to help you JavaCSO
You can purchase Gaddis’ Java book here. Some of the earlier eds are lower in price.